Translate

New Hi Cookie Release | By Sharon

by - October 16, 2019



Today we are excited to announce a new digital release from Hi Cookie at Swedish House Crafts. We ran a competition in our Facebook group to decide who should get to colour the images for us. Sharon was our winner - you can find her blog at Spudtastic Designs UK. Read to the end to find out more about her and how she made this fantastic sign.

These are the new digital images that she coloured for us. Aren't they amazing?


and here's a little more about Sharon and how she coloured the images....

Hi my name is Sharon I live in the UK just outside of Salisbury, I have been colouring using alcohol pens for around 8 years. I have also had a go at most crafts as I grew up in the seventies when everyone could make anything. I have over the last 20 odd years made cards for family and friends and I got into scrapbooking, that in turn got me into computer crafting. This in turn lead me to start learning how to improve my colouring as there wasn't much opportunity to find classes locally, so the internet and FB were a lifesaver.  

So over the years I have been improving my skills and a year ago my local craft shop asked me if I would be willing to teach others how to start colouring.  As she had all these customers who buy or have alcohol pens but have no idea how to go about getting a good blend.  So I decided to push myself and give it a go and I must say it's been one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done. 

Back to now and about two weeks ago I won a colouring competition over on Swedish House Crafts Facebook Group.  My prize was to colour the new digital stamp covers to be released today, which is such an honour.  I have also been asked to make an item for the blog for the release.  So as the stamps are about books, I came up with the idea of making a sign. As I wanted to make something that embraces the love we have for books, the love we all have for reading and for a Library. 

I used Copics with some polychromos pencils added to give some extra depth.  I made the sign by first making sure the stamps were the correct size for the sign I already had. I had a die that I wanted to use for the window (I used some lightweight vellum to give the look of looking through glass).  I had to colour the library first then reduce it on my laptop to be able to get the perspective right behind the window. 

I cut out the girl using my Scan'N'Cut to give a border, and to also give me the matting and layering.  I used a flower and leaf dies from my stash. The words and alphabets are some stickers I had left over from my scrapbooking.  This sign is 8 x 8 inches in size.

Links to products used:


Hi Cookie - Sina with Books


Hi Cookie - Sina Library Day - Bundle + Bonus


Happy Crafting from Swedish House Crafts


Swedish House Crafts is pleased to announce the wholesaler and retailer for Paper Nest Dolls in UK and Europe. For wholesale enquiries, please visit: https://www.swedishhousecrafts.co.uk/wholesale If you have any questions please contact: hello@swedishhousecrafts.co.uk

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D