Translate

Father Christmas "Jultomten" - Using Maja Design "Vintage Frost Basics" | By Donna

by - October 26, 2017

Hello, everyone,

Donna here with my latest creation for Swedish House Crafts blog.

I have made a Christmas card using one of the gorgeous die cut images from Maja Design "Vintage Frost Basics" collection.


If you are wondering about the title? Father Christmas, Jultomten, also known simply as "Tomten" is Sweden's Father Christmas. Visiting the houses in the afternoon on Christmas Eve (when Christmas in Sweden is celebrated) to distribute presents to children.

Links to the products can be found in text at the end of my post.

Here is a closer look at Father Christmas. Sweden's "Tomten".

I used Gummiapan old paper die to cut the base of my card, and layer the papers which are also from Maja Designs "Vintage Frost Basics" collection. The postcard image is also from the images die cut sheet.

I used Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink to ink the edges of everything on my card apart from the flowers, and foliage. Everything has had a dusting of Snow-Tex. The pretty lace along the bottom of the card is from my stash.


I used my own poinsettia die, and "Vintage Frost Basics" papers to make the flowers. The stamens, wooden pine cones, and pomegranate apples are from the store.



For the Christmas trees, I used Gummiapan Christmas tree die, and matching scripted Christmas tree stamp. I placed a die cut star on top of the trees and adhered a 3mm white pearl in the centre.


Inside the card is decorated to complement the front.

Thank you for stopping by to visit today!

Links to the products that I have used from Swedish House Crafts can be found below.

You can find my blog HERE







You May Also Like

1 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D