Translate

Snarktoberfest Blog Hop - Get A Snarky Trip

by - October 02, 2017


Welcome to the very first blog hop ever Swedish House Crafts is so delighted to be on. I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I enjoyed being a part of it.



FIND THE WINNERS AT THE END OF THIS POST CONGRATULATIONS & THANKS FOR EVERYONE!





This is the Snarktoberfest for 2017. It is all about having fun with what we make. Also you have lots of chances to win one of the prizes if you leave a comment on all the blogs shown below, by the end of the 5th October. Go and visit and leave your lovely comments to our friends, everyone loves to know what's on your mind.




We, lovely shop owners like me, love you so much! We decided on giving away lots of winnings... don't miss it!  You never know when we may email you and knock at your door!

  • 1x $15 gift card to So Suzy Stamps
  • 1x $15 gift card to Crackerbox Palace
  • 1x $15 gift card to Strawberry Jude Stamps
  • 1x £15 gift card to Swedish House Crafts
  • 2x Snarky Bunkie Bag from Simply Charming Bags

Have you come from  Tracy's blog? Yes: continue reading. No? Why not start from the beginning? go to Josefine's blog here.

Back to the card... So celebrating Christmas a bit before Halloween. Why not get Halloween to celebrate Christmas 😉

Let me introduce you this monster family Moto, Poto, Tito and Bobi... not really, I don't know their names, but that suits them well. They are weirdos, trust me. How do I know? because they are Swedish made!

They are celebrating St. Lucia and singing the Santa Lucia song, but they have some tongue problems. Oh, what is Santa Lucia? it is a very traditional Swedish celebration on the 13th of December each year. Check it out online, then you'll know why Poto has candles on her head!

A little bit on how I made the card. I stamped and masked the monsters, and water coloured the background. Also the monsters are water coloured too. I added some rhinestones to represent shiny stars and I love using white dots.

The sentiment I created and printed out. I thought it suited some cute singers - especially those having problems with their pronunciations!


Here is the in progress messy table. Yes I am lazy, I taped the watercolour card stock to the cutting mat and I started with the dark colours building up layers one to dry and then another on top of it. Once I was satisfied with the background I removed the masking paint and coloured my sweeties. Of course as usual everything went messy, otherwise it wouldn't be me! I thought I'd make the colouring smooth but changed my mind and thought a stained background can be cool too.




I hope you have enjoyed this trip on Swedish House Crafts and you can now continue to Laura's blog.

Don't forget to leave a comment on each blog, there are lots of chances to win.

A big hug from me, Suha.






You May Also Like

62 comments

  1. Loving the blog hop with all these great creations well done e1 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome Suha!!!
    I love the bright colours of the wee monstahs and I learned something about St. Lucia to boot!
    Happy Snarktoberfest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting skills are awesome! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your painting is amazing. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Swedish sense of humor! Love your little characters and their singing is anything but perfect :). Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These singers would brighten anyone's day! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What little cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute monsters and awesome job on the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many amazing and funny cards on this hop! Love your monsters and that background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am head-over-heels in love with these monsters! I have some relatives who would totally appreciate the St. Lucia reference!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute group of monsters. I think your background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful background!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moto, Poto, Tito, Bobi -They are the cutest quartet evuh -

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great holiday colors. Love the way you colored the little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this iss darling.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Great coloring.
    Also, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so unique. Cool background and funny looking monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, these little characters are going to have a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suha, I love your card! Your coloring is indeed awesomesauce!!! These little monsters are the cutest, I might have to get one for myself :P I love the story behind this card, so creative!

    Thank you so much for joining me at Snarktoberfest and for being a sponsor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun card and love the sparkle and your watercoloring, it is perfect with your sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very very cute ... and gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute little singing monsters! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these colorful characters!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic technique...nothing wrong with messy lol, and those creatures are just freaking gorgeous!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you all for so kind words, I did enjoy reading your comments and I am very happy I could add a smile on your faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great colors! The messier you are, the more fun you are having! Creative people are often messy in their craft!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Suha, it's a treat to see one of your creations, beautiful card. Hugs, Ivy ling

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely card - even with characters that are a little different. And now I am about to go learn about another celebration as well!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super cool background and I love the little Monsters. Happy Snarktoberfest xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your fun monster card...great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love seeing your "messy" table and I love the background and holiday monsters. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the little monsters, and you did a fabulous job on your background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is just too cute! Love your water coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card i love you coloring and sentiment its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those Halloween Christmas monsters are so stinking cute! Love the holiday mishmash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great background for these colorful monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so fun and different!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful card!! I love the little monsters. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fantastic card! I love the background, especially the touch of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my goodness !! Your card is just awesome ! So original and creative, congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your card is way over awesome and for me as obsessed with "staying along lines colouring" a real alternative! Will start with it after vacay (if I haven't forgotten by then)!😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome coloring/painting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. A work of art! I will have to learn about Swedish holiday traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I fell in love with the background you created in the second I saw it for the first time! And those bright and fun fellows on it are just the cutest! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your card! The coloring is amazing! Enjoying the Snarktoberfest hop!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D