Translate

A Fish Kisses To Tilda - Desktop Calendar and Tutorial | By Donna

by - January 25, 2018


Hello, everyone!
Donna here with another creation for Swedish House Crafts blog.

I have made a desktop calendar, and featured one of the new Magnolia You're Invited 2018 collection stamps, which are available to pre-order in store now. This stamp is called A Fish Kisses to Tilda. Isn't she adorable?

I used Pion Design "Legends of the Sea" 12" x 12" complete collection papers. The complete collection are currently on sale at a great discounted price in store. Links to the products are in text, and can be found at the end of my post.


I matted the calendar tab onto design papers and white card, placing a piece of white cheesecloth underneath. I used a selection of flowers from my stash, and positioned foliage between them using Gummiapan little twigs die. The pretty lace, and bronze anchor charm are also from my stash.


I stamped the image onto a Gummiapan stitched rectangle, and stamped the outside with Gummiapan Stockholm stamp. I coloured the image with Prismacolor and polychromos pencils.

I sprinkled a little shabby white embossing enamel around the image, and added some 3mm sea charm pearl flatbacks. I matted the image onto a larger stitched rectangle with 2mm foam tape, placing Gummiapan hen net die between the two layers.


I have put together a tutorial for you on how to make a desktop calendar.

You will need;
1 piece of white A4 card
21cm x 14cm strip of white card
2018 calendar tab
Score board
Paper trimmer
Pencil 
Ruler
Glue/sticky tape


Position a sheet of A4 white card landscape onto the score board, and score down the centre.


Fold in half as seen in above photo, and put to one side for later.


Cut a strip of white card to measure 21cm x 14cm.


Position the card portrait on the score board, and score at 2cm, 7cm, and 12cm.


Accordion fold the card as shown above.


Take the card that you folded in half earlier, and adhere the 2cm scored tab to the inside bottom of the card. Accordion fold, and repeat with the other end so the tabs match up either end.


This is how the desktop calendar will look once it's assembled.

Thank you for stopping by to visit today! You can find my blog HERE

Links to the products I used:







You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D