Translate

A little canvas | By Josefine

by - July 15, 2017

Hi everyone :) This is my first post for the Swedish House Crafts design team and I'm super excited to share this cute, little canvas with you. I love the Swedish House Crafts products as they are so different from all the big brands out there. Here you can really awaken your creativity and create something new. :) I prepared a step-by-step tutorial for you, so you can get some ideas on how to use these products.
First I primed my little canvas with two coats of black Gesso. Then I used some white pigment ink to stamp the dog silhouette and the paws all over the canvas.
Next, I tore apart some paper from the Maja Designs Nyhavn set and adhered the scraps onto the canvas. I'm in love with that paper!!!
Then I muted the patterned paper a little bit with white Gesso, not too much though.
This way, the orange and red colour sprays shine even more.
While the canvas had to dry, I used some more colour sprays on white paper and die cut it with the Gummiapan dies.
I adhered them onto the canvas and decorated it a little more with flowers and little beads. I also added some more colour around the heart.
Now some finishing touches. I added a scrap piece of an old book around the heart to make it stand apart a little more. Otherwise it would have been hard to see it against the background.
What do you think about my little canvas? It's different to what I usually create, but that's why I love it even more. I can't wait to continue playing with the Swedish House Crafts products :)

Closeups
Thanks for stopping by :)
Supplies Used

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D