Translate

DAY 2: Merry Christmas | By Vicky

by - December 02, 2017


Hi everyone I'm here today with another Christmas Card. I actually made this the same time as I made the last one........yes its been made for a few weeks lol. If you look at my last card you will even see the Christmas Tree from the cut-out on this card as I made this one first lol.

Make sure you read to the end of the post to get a little Christmas gift from Swedish House Crafts!

I used a Gummiapan stamp to stamp Merry Christmas and then I cut it out using Gummiapan Stitched Banners.


I wanted the trees as main focus for my card but wanted more of a pop, so decided to cut a Christmas Tree right in the centre of my top layer of paper and then have a bold colour paper underneath.
I cut another tree out using Kraft card and to give it some interest I added buttons and paint for a snow effect. You can get the matching stamp for this tree which is fabulous and has many possibilities.

Have you also seen the little birdies up in the trees? .....you need birdies in a tree and these dies are fabulous for using up those tiny scraps of paper.


To give it a wintery feel I added a Reindeer, Pine Cone, a glistening berry and a few other things to give interest and texture from my stash, including some rusty bells just hanging out under the seam binding.
Everything also got a dollop of white gesso to give a snowy wintery effect.........I love a winter scene.


Papers I've used are Maja Design Joyous Winterdays and I machine stitched all around them. The top layer was lifted using foam pads........if however you have no foam pads I keep all my cardboard from any crafty parcels and cut it into strips and keep them in a plastic box on top of one of my cupboards.....you can use the card to give dimension instead of using foam pads.....recycling is good.

Now I have a little something for you, if you would like to order any of these products I have used on my card then our lovely Boss is giving you 5% off these products.....all the links to the products are below. This is the code you need to enter to get your 5% discount 

SA46TUP30DKW

this code is valid until the end of December.

Hope I have given you a bit of inspiration, I really enjoyed making this card.


Take care, hugs Vicky xxx


Products used.........



You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D