Translate

Denim & Friends - Happy Birthday Handsome | By Vicky

by - February 13, 2018


Hi everyone I'm here today with a male card. It was hubby's birthday on the 2nd February. Of course to make a male card I always turn to the Maja Design "Denim & Friends" paper, if you struggle like me on those dreaded male cards then this paper makes it sooooo easy.

I was actually busy decorating the week I made this and yet managed to make this in just over an hour......including machine stitching all the papers. That's a record for me, it usually takes me hours to make a card lol.


So I have finally used my Magnolia Denim Jeans Pocket die I brought when it was first released...yep they have been in the packet ever since..... I know shame on me! I love this Magnolia die and to make it look more like a pocket I cut a piece of scrap paper for a handkerchief popping out the pocket. On the pocket I also added a piece of border that you get along the bottom sheets of the Maja Design 12x12 paper.......nothing needs to go to waste.

If you are wondering I have a long running joke with hubby and sometimes call him Boyfriend.


I love the Gummiapan Die "Happy Birthday" and so I've used that for the card, placed at the top and bottom and cut out "Handsome" again from one of the borders from the bottom of a 12x12 sheet.
For the wording I cut the wording out twice in white card stock and then again in matching Maja Design Monochrome and glued them all together to make them stronger, it's like chipboard then.


I always decorate inside to co-ordinate with the front but I don't always decorate top and bottom inside. However these sheets in the 6x6 pad were perfect for the wording I wanted to add inside.
The "happy Birthday" I stamped onto another piece of white card stock and cut it out with a Gummiapan Rectangle die leaving room for me to write my message.


"You Are My World" is from a  pad in my stash. The "I Love You" is from two different stamps, if you don't have the sentiment you really want use different stamps and then cut out the words and make the sentiment you want. I was really pleased my brain worked enough for me to figure out this way of making a new sentiment lol....I was tired with decorating until midnight every night lol.


I had stars left over from a Gummiapan die I used, so I added those stars here..... I think stars are great as little add ons if you want to add interest or fill in blank spaces. The lovely Tamara gave me that inspiration as she uses stars often on male cards lol.

If you struggle with male cards like I do then you need to get this Maja Design collection, I have used a mixture of the 12x12 sheets and the 6x6 pad and the monochromes.......this collection is my favourite for male cards but it can be used for soooooo many occasions even for females as the ladies on this DT will tell you.

All links to products from Swedish House Crafts you will find below, just click on the link to take you there.


Thank you so much for stopping by, us DT ladies really appreciate it and I hope we inspire you a little.

Links To Products I Used.....
Maja Design 'Denim & Friends' 6x6 pad

The 2 stamps I used for 'I Love You' are - Gummiapan 'With Love From Me To You' text
                                                                    Gummiapan 'I Made A Wish & You Came True' text


You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D