Translate

The 10 Years Blogging Journey | By Marianne

by - June 17, 2019




Marianne here today, one of the newest members of the Design Team. Suha asked me to write a post today about my blog https://mariannescraftroom.blogspot.com/. I have always loved making things and started cardmaking in May 2006 after buying a cardmaking kit and some papers.  In June 2009 a friend persuaded me to start a blog. I had no idea what I was doing at first but I started posting and following blogs and in turn people started following me. As time went on I learnt how to improve the look of my blog and enter challenges. I applied for and was accepted on my first challenge design team in January 2010. 

Social media has changed things and some people no longer use their blogs. Happily many do and it is always lovely to see new people starting a blog. Whilst other social media platforms are fine the thing I love about blogging is the information on the products used and the personal information many people include in their posts. I have often bought items because I read about them on a blog after admiring a card.

So here I am still blogging after 10 years and with 1772 followers. During that time I have been on several design teams for both challenges and craft companies. I have designed for those companies for their stands at craft shows and for their TV shows. I am currently a DT member for two craft companies and feel very privileged to promote their products.  I have also designed for several cardmaking magazines although I have reduced this to mainly one magazine to enable me to concentrate on other things.  I sell at craft fairs and in a local vintage tearooms/gift shop where I also now run cardmaking classes.

So here’s to all those who post their lovely projects and share a little about themselves. Let’s all keep posting, visiting and commenting on blogs to keep blogland alive.




Swedish House Crafts is pleased to announce the wholesaler and retailer for Paper Nest Dolls in UK and Europe. For wholesale enquiries, please visit: https://www.swedishhousecrafts.co.uk/wholesale If you have any questions please contact: hello@swedishhousecrafts.co.uk

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D