Translate

Hippo congrats #Papernestdolls | By Liz

by - June 07, 2019



Hi Guys, I thought I'd show you an exploding box I've made for as per usual I've created something a little hard to photograph, lol.

I got these awesome Paper Nest Dolls Hippo stamps in my DT kit and just had to colour them up. Now I've not coloured anything for about 8 months so I hope I've done ok.

I made my box up with white card as the base then added some paper out of the Maja Design Denim and Girls collection 6 x 6 inch paper pack. I then cut a smaller layer out of a sheet of Maja design Shades of Monochromes. Then I cut another smaller layer out of one sheet of the 6 x 6 paper for the inner sections of my box.


I stamped the Hippos out, then coloured them with some distress re-inkers. Then when dry I die cut them out into circles.



I kept to the same colour theme as the papers and made some Handmade Foamiran flowers in similar colours too. I used Lady E Design Tiny Flowers dies for these type of flowers.


I created a circle cake shape out of white card stock then covered it with some more of the Maja Design papers. I then added another of the Hippos from the stamp set but this time after colouring I fussy cut it out. Then I glued a thin piece of acetate behind the stamped image and glued this on the top of the faux cake. I then added some more handmade flowers made from Foamiran, using the same tiny flower dies and Flower 001 for the others.


Of course an exploding box needs a top, so after making the shape of the lid I glued a piece of the Maja Design paper from the same collection. Then I die cut the Congrats die three times out of the white card stock together, this gives fabulous depth to the text.

I then die cut some stars out of the same Maja Design Shade of the Monochrome I'd used inside. These I doubled up the layers, it doesn't matter if they are slightly offset I think it adds to the appeal.
I then added some more of my hand made Foamiran flowers too.

Links to Products I used:

Happy Crafting!!

Swedish House Crafts is pleased to announce the wholesaler and retailer for Paper Nest Dolls in UK and Europe. For wholesale enquiries, please visit: https://www.swedishhousecrafts.co.uk/wholesale If you have any questions please contact: hello@swedishhousecrafts.co.uk

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D