Translate

Gummiapan Shabby Chic Tag by Hellen

by - June 07, 2017

Hello Hellen here. This week I’m showing you a shabby chic tag made using mainly Gummiapan stamps and die with a few bits from my stash added. All the links to the items are below.

First step was to cut 3 tags in black, white and kraft card. My black tag is 9 x17 cm, my white tag is 8.5 x 16.5 cm and my Kraft tag is 8 x 16 cm. Before glueing together and punching a hole in the top I randomly stamped the kraft card piece with Versamark Ink using Gummiapan stamp Worn Burlap and then heat embossed after applying white embossing powder.

Then I stamped, again using Versamark Ink and white embossing powder, Daisy Face (twice) and Large Dotted Feather onto scraps of kraft card and after heat embossing I cut around the images and gave them a little shaping with my bone folder and ball tools. If you don’t have these tools you can easily do this with your fingers and palm of your hand. The two Daisy Face images were arranged and glued on top of each other after shaping for a bit more dimension.

The small tag was a spare tag I had cut in kraft card which I stamped and heat embossed as before using the  Worn Burlap and With Love sentiment stamps.

I stamped the Butterfly Monarch Large Profile (once) and Butterfly Monarch Small Profile (three times) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a scrap of Neenah card and coloured with my alcohol pens in shades of yellow/orange.
Using Gummiapan Doodle Circle I die cut 1 white and 1 black one.
Now it’s simply the assembly!
With your large tags now glued and hole punched I laid a piece of lace across, attached the small tag using foam squares and arranged the die cuts, daisy flower and feather and gluing them on through some scrunched up sissal I had. I added bling to the daisy and then the butterflies as shown before threading ribbon through the hole at the top.

So there you have it, a shabby chic tag using scraps of card with some simple heat embossing. Hands up all of you who are humming the Beatles song ‘With love from me to you’ – if you weren’t before you will be now!

Pop along to Swedish House Crafts using the links below to the individual items, and have some fun browsing the goodies you’ll find there.
See you soon x


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This tag is simply fantastic Hellen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Your tag is super gorgeous Hellen.
    I love it.
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D