Translate

Fancy Christmas Tag | By Josefine

by - September 30, 2017

Hi everyone, welcome to my second guest post for Swedish House Crafts. I'm thrilled about the opportunity and can't wait to share my project with you. So how about diving right in?

Because it's rather close to Christmas I wanted to share a mixed media gift tag with you made with Gummiapan stamps and dies.

I started by creating the background with one of my favorite techniques. For this technique, I'm smooshing different shades of Distress Oxide onto my craft mat, spritzing a little water on top and dabbing my tag into the ink - one colour at a time. It's important to dry every layer of Distress Oxide between each new colour.
Then I stamped the reindeer, using my Misti positioning tool. This allows me to stamp the deer onto the same position over and over again without getting a blurry image. That also helps to get a crisp and black image. At the end, I added a layer of clear embossing powder on top to make the deer shine really nicely.
Now I die cut the word Merry Christmas from some regular white card stock and sprinkled even more Distress Oxide on top. The die cut needed to glitter and shine, so I added a bunch of sparkle to it.
The tag already was interesting, but I thought that it needed another layer. So I decided to adhere the tag onto burlap paper. I also punched a hole in the top and wrapped a cream coloured lace around it, and sewed one of the fabric flowers to the lace. Then, I just took a tiny piece of twine and threaded it through the lace.

Now I just needed to add some final details, like a shadow around the die cut.


How do you like this quick and easy gift tag for Christmas? Isn't it just cute?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to check out all the cute Christmas stamps and dies over at the Swedish House Crafts shop :)

Close Ups


Supplies Used

You May Also Like

1 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D