Translate

Easter is on it's way | by Liz

by - March 06, 2018


Hi guys, I'm here today to show you a box book card which I have made for my Granddaughter  to give her at Easter time with some eggs inside, but shush don't tell her!!! lol

I used the fabulous papers by Maja Design from the Vintage Spring Collection, these papers are still one of my favourites and I tend to go back to them again and again. Some individual papers are on sale at the moment at Swedish house Crafts, so check them out!!

I used one of the papers as a layer using the fantastic pierced scalloped ovals dies by Gummiapan. If you've never heard of Gummiapan dies go to the store to see the fabulous range Suha has in, they are very reasonably priced and they cut like a dream!!!

Anyway back to my card, I then used one of the same smaller dies for the focal point, I used the adorable cute mini world  Magnolia stamps/wagon with egg and Chickens which I masked together before colouring them with my copics. I added the Stockholm stamp around the edges for a little added interest too.


Around this frame effect I used the adorable Daffodil die again by Magnolia. I then made myself some centres for these out of some coloured card stock, but you could leave them without or use bought stamens too. Peeking out behind the flowers and feathers is a Gummiapan Hen net stamp too.


On the base I added another couple of  Doohickey dies by Magnolia from farm to Market - Sprouts and Market Fence.



On the edge of my book style card I used one of the awesome new metal embellishments Suha has in the store.


For the inside of my card, I again used the scalloped ovals dies using a couple of the same stamps but using second generation stamping I can write my getting over the top and yet it still gives a little interest,


Around the outside this time I used the Doohickey chicken wire die, which is available to pre-order from SHC now too.


This is the side my Granddaughter will love as it's where her egg will sit in the box I created using the folded card. I then just added a die cut from my stash which was from an older Magnolia club magazine.

Links to Products I Used:
Magnolia Mini World - Wagon with Egg
Magnolia mini World -  Chickens
Doohickey /From farm to Market - Sprouts
Doohickey/ From Farm to Market - Market Fence
Doohickey - Chicken wire die
Gummiapan - Stockholm post stamp
Gummiapan - Hen net large stamp

Well, I hope I've maybe given you some idea of the fantastic products you can see over at Swedish house Crafts, go on have a look, you know you want too!!! lol
Happy Crafting!!!
Hugs Liz xx

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D