Translate

Mr & Mrs Magnolia Wedding Day | By Vicky

by - March 10, 2018


Hi everyone I'm here today with a wedding card using two Magnolia images. One is the main image and the other is hidden somewhere ;-) Quite a bit of colouring on this card but I really enjoyed making it.


The flower I made myself with foamiran, if you look closely behind that you can just see the Roxstamps Heart Wreath die cut out twice, once in white cardstock and once in pink vellum.

The flower that is coming down from the foamiran flower is a die from the last Magnolia Doohickey Collection Volume 18. I cut it out in watercolour paper then painted it using distress ink refills.


I added corrugated cardboard painted with white gesso to add texture and depth to the card. The bow is made with a Magnolia Doohickey die that you can pre-order from Swedish House Crafts. It was cut out in the same Maja Design paper as the card. Down the centre I added another Magnolia die called the Recipe Card and layered it up on top of the corrugated cardboard.


The gorgeous Magnolia stamp is called Mr & Mrs Magnolia from the You're Invited Collection. I stamped onto watercolour paper using the fabulous Tim Holtz stamping platform and coloured them with distress ink refills. I have a few stamping platforms and I have to say my absolute favourite is the Tim Holtz one, love the size and especially love the sturdiness and quality of it.


Here is the image that was hidden. I used one of the Magnolia mini stamps to co-ordinate with the main image, stamped and coloured it with distress ink refills and then cut it out using a Magnolia Tag die. It's another fabulous way of using those mini stamps. Though this was not originally my idea, I saw it a long time ago from a very talented crafter whose colouring I absolutely adore.......I'm hoping to be like her when I grow up lol. Link to her blog will be over on my blog.

For the background colour I used a few different colours to get a sunset sort of colour. To do the backgrounds I use the Watervalve brushes as I find they are fab and quick for colouring the background. I don't fill mine with water I use my water bucket just like I do when I'm using my sable brushes.


Here you can where the tag goes. I added waxed cord in white and pink with some white seam binding and a gorgeous bit of bling to the centre. The "Love" metal clip thingy is from my stash as is the foamiran. I have used one sheet of Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics. I've used both sides and it's the "7th May" sheet.......my favourite sheet of the whole collection......need get more I think lol.

Thats it from me, thank you for stopping by. Take care.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Links To Products I Used:
Magnolia You're Invited - Mr & Mrs Magnolia

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D