Translate

Happy Easter | By Vicky

by - March 29, 2018


Hello there everyone I'm here today with an Easter card using some cute quirky chicks.....I love the funny looks of these chicks....look at their eyes lol.
Lots of dies used for this card and links to all items used will be at the bottom of the post to take you straight to the store.


These fab chicks are a Gummiapan Stamp "Chicken Family" and I stamped onto smooth card with cocoa Memento ink using my Tim Holtz Stamping platform.  Then coloured them with my copics. I'm not great at colouring in yellow, especially with Copics, but these chicks are that easy to colour, it literally took about three minutes lol I used the matching Gummiapan Die to cut them out. I then decided to make a little scene with them.

You can use these for Easter or a Spring card, Suha even has the single chicks in her store with matching dies.


I used Pion Design Easter Greetings "Easter Morning" for the base of the card. I then added card cut out using Gummiapan "Old Paper" dies .


To create the little scene I first cut out a circle using Roxstamps Pierced Circle die and Pion Design Spring Meadow. The reverse side has pretty sky and clouds on it which was perfect for the background. For the tree I used Magnolia Birch Tree die. I cut it out twice, once in white card stock and again in kraft card stock and gave it a lick of white paint.

I used Magnolia Lovely Fence die for the fence....this has always been one of my favorite Magnolia dies...I love the little hearts on it. The grass is also a Magnolia die from a Magnolia Doohickey club kit. I used two dies with Pion Design Easter Greetings paper. The cloud is another Magnolia die from another doohickey club kit.

I glued everything to the sky background and then I added a scalloped circle using Gummiapan Inverted Scalloped Circle die. Once I glued that into place I then trimmed off any over-hang of any of the dies. I attached foam pads to the back to give it dimension off the card a little and then added my chick family once it was in place.


The "Happy Easter" sentiment I cut from Pion Design Easter Greetings "Borders' sheet". I also cut the butterflies from the same sheet. I added a few small flowers from my stash and the card is complete.

I enjoyed making a scene for a change, made a nice change using all different dies and it does not take the light away from my quirky chick family. This is a card for my eldest and his family as they are quirky and always make me smile.

That's it from me but why not pop along to Swedish House Crafts and look at all the wonderful dies and stamps Suha has.Iif you make a scene with any leave a comment as we would to see them.

Thanks for stopping by, take care and I hope you have a wonderful Easter Weekend.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx



Links To Products I Used:
Pion Design Easter Greetings - Spring Meadow (reverse side for cloud background)
Pion Design Easter Greetings - Tags (reverse side for grass)

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D