Translate

#Papernestdolls Elephants | By Elaine GDT

by - May 31, 2019


Good morning everyone! It’s Elaine here from Pink Peppermint Cards and I am honoured to be here on the Swedish House Crafts blog as a Guest Designer!

For my guest design spot I have created a super cute card using Elephants by Paper Nest Dolls available from Swedish House Crafts store.

I started out by running a piece of card cut slightly bigger than A2 size through my die cutting machine with an A2 rectangle die with a scallop edge. I repeated this process again to give me two identical pieces. I cut the scallops off all four sides of one of those pieces. I then used another die to give the scallop-less piece a pretty quilted effect.


To give my elephant a focal point I used a square scallop frame to cut an opening in to my quilted card panel. On the base layer (the piece with the scallops) I ink blended on a outdoor scene using distress inks in salty ocean, peacock feathers and evergreen bough. I also added some splatters in the same colours to give a little interest and texture.


I stamped one of the elephants on to copic friendly cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink. I used some ‘W’ copic markers for the elephant and some vibrant ‘V’ and ‘RV’ markers for the dress and bow. I think she really pops off the card!

Once the colouring was complete I continued to work on the rest of the card. I gently inked the edges of my quilted piece with picked raspberry distress ink, I then turned the card over and put dimensional foam squares all over the back and adhered to the card base

Foam pieces were put on the back of the scallop frame and adhered in to the opening. Another smaller frame was placed in the centre of scene to fit my card and the elephant better. The elephant also had foam dimensionals added to the back and then added into the scene.

I made this card into a birthday card and layered up a sentiment on to some pink inked card stock finished off with some glossy die cut hearts. I added a few corner embellishments to finish off the front of this card. The whole panel with then secured to a side folding USA A2 size card base.



Finally I added some sparkle to the elephants’ dress and bow with a shimmer pen.

I hope enjoyed my blog post today and it gives you some inspiration! You can also find my Youtube video here. Thank you to Swedish House Crafts for having me!


Elaine x

Swedish House Crafts is pleased to announce the wholesaler and retailer for Paper Nest Dolls in UK and Europe. For wholesale enquiries, please visit: https://www.swedishhousecrafts.co.uk/wholesale If you have any questions please contact: hello@swedishhousecrafts.co.uk

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D