Translate

Baby Sleeping Sign | By GDT Nancy

by - July 03, 2019



Hello, everyone! It's Nancy here with you today. I'm happy to be here to share one of two guest posts that I have for you. For this first post, I have created a fun project that I think would make a cute "Baby Sleeping" sign.


I began with this sweet Hippo stamp from the Paper Nest Dolls - Hippos Stamp Set. I stamped it onto watercolour paper, using Ranger Archival Ink. I then used a variety of watercolour pencils, along with a water brush, to colour it. I set it aside to dry.


Then I moved on to the Laserowe Love - MDF - Bookmark D. I thought this would be the perfect base for my little hanging. I used a pretty paper from the Laserowe Love - Lily Flower Collection, and covered the front and the back of the MDF piece. I inked around it with a pretty turquoise ink. 


Next, I took the Laserowe Love - MDF - Frame Banner, using the front frame piece only. I covered the front with Stampendous Embossing Ink, then sprinkled it with Beach Cruiser Embossing Powder from Sparkle 'N Sprinkle. I then heat set it with my heat gun. I then repeated the process once more to get a really nice thick coating. 

Then I die-cut the coloured image in a circle to fit behind the embossed frame, and adhered it in place. I then adhered the framed piece onto the base piece. I added some pretty turquoise pearls; five along the top, and three on the bottom. 



Finally, I tied a pretty yellow ribbon into a double-looped bow, and added it to the top of the embossed frame. I also added another yellow ribbon loop to the top of the base piece to serve as a hanger. Now it can be hung on the wall, the door, or even from the door knob.

I hope you like my project, and are inspired to use some of these great products in a different way! 


Swedish House Crafts is pleased to announce the wholesaler and retailer for Paper Nest Dolls in UK and Europe. For wholesale enquiries, please visit: https://www.swedishhousecrafts.co.uk/wholesale If you have any questions please contact: hello@swedishhousecrafts.co.uk

You May Also Like

0 comments

If you want to make someone happy today, what would you say? Leave a word to the team :D